Ree Drummond Cookbook Giveaway Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER, PLAY, OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
A PURCHASE or payment WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’s CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO ALL LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA who are 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER AT THE TIME OF ENTRY
VOID IN Puerto RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
The Ree Drummond Cookbook Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is sponsored and administered by MarketingLab, Inc., P.O. Box 580979, Minneapolis, MN 55458-0979.
1. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE REE DRUMMOND COOKBOOK GIVEAWAY SWEEPSTAKES: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE AN ENTRANT’S CHANCES OF WINNING. The Sweepstakes starts on January 31, 2013 at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on March 31, 2013 at 11:59:59 P.M. ET (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes consists of fifty (50) Grand Prizes that will be awarded in one drawing. The Drawings will be conducted on, or shortly after April 8, 2013 from among all eligible entries received by 11:59:59 P.M. PT on March 31, 2013. Following verification, the winners listed during the week following the drawing on www.landolakes.com.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is offered only to legal United States residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are physically present in one of the 50 United States or the District of Columbia at the time of entry and who are 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees of MarketingLab, Inc., Land O’Lakes, Inc., their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and production agencies, and their immediate family members (i.e., spouse, parent, child, sibling, and the “steps” of each) and persons living in the same household of each (“Sponsor and Others”) are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and elsewhere where prohibited by law. Participation constitutes Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Administrator’s computer shall be the official Sweepstakes Period clock.
3. HOW TO ENTER: You may enter online only. To enter, visit www.landolakes.com (“Website”) during the Sweepstakes Period (as defined in rule 1, above) and register for the Sweepstakes.An Entrant may register by logging on to the Website and entering his/her valid email address and other requested information including, but not limited to, his/her first and last name, complete address (a P.O. Box will not be accepted), date of birth and telephone number. By registering, the Entrant will receive one (1) automatic entry into the Sweepstakes. Limit of one (1) entry per email address per calendar day during the Sweepstakes Period. In case of a dispute as to the identity of an online Entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
4. PRIZES AND ODDS OF WINNING:
A. Sweepstakes Prizes:
i. Prizes: 50 grand prize winners (“Prize Winner(s)”) will each win Ree Drummond’s cookbook, The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food From My Frontier (Approximate Retail Value $29.99), plus one VIP coupon (up to $4.99) for LAND O LAKES® Butter With Olive Oil & Sea Salt. Prize Winners must be at least eighteen (18) years old, and must sign a Liability & Publicity Release.
ii. ARV: The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize is USD $34.98. The Total ARV of all Prizes is $1,749.00. Each Prize Winner is solely responsible for any other expenses (including but not limited to federal, state and local taxes as set forth below) not listed in these Official Rules.
iii. Terms: The prizes consist only of the items described herein. A Prize Winner may not assign or transfer his/her prize to another person. No cash redemptions allowed. No prize substitution is allowed except at the discretion of Sponsor or as provided herein. Each Prize Winner will be responsible for any and all federal, state and/or local income taxes resulting from acceptance of his/her prize. If any advertised prize or any component thereof cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of Sponsor, a substitute prize (or prize component) of equal or greater value will be awarded. Limit one (1) prize per household for the entire Sweepstakes Period.
B. Odds of Winning: The odds of winning a prize depends on the total number of eligible entries received prior to each Drawing in accordance with these Official Rules.
5. HOW TO CLAIM A PRIZE; AFFIDAVITS; AND RELEASES: Each Prize Winner will be notified via email/telephone or, if he/she does not have an email address, then only by telephone with instructions on how to claim the Prize. If a Prize Winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, declines to accept a prize, or Sponsor is unable to contact a Prize Winner within ten (10) days of the date that the Prize is awarded, or in the event that a confirmation mail or e-mail is returned as undeliverable, the Prize will be forfeited and, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, the Prize may or may not be awarded to an alternate Prize Winner. The Prize Winner may be required to furnish proof of identification. Prizes will only be awarded to verified Prize Winners.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Othersare not responsible for illegible, lost, late, incomplete, stolen, misdirected postage due, or undeliverable email, or postal mail; or for any computer, telephone, satellite, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, or availability, or garbled, corrupt or jumbled transmissions, service provider/Internet/web site/use net accessibility, availability, or traffic congestion, or any technical, mechanical, or typographical or other error, or unauthorized human intervention, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of registration information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by any web site users, tampering, hacking, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, technical error, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to any web site(s). Sponsor and Others are not responsible for any injury or damage, whether personal or property, to participants or to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes and/or proceed with the Sweepstakes, including the selection of a winner(s), in a manner it deems fair and reasonable including the selection of winners from among eligible entries received prior to such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension. SPONSOR AND OTHERS MAKE NO WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NONINFRINGEMENT AS REGARDS TO ANY PRIZE OR ANY COMPONENTS OF THE PRIZES. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AS SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW LIMITATIONS OF EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. AN ENTRANT MUST CHECK LOCAL LAWS TO LEARN IF ANY OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. Further, Sponsor and Others are not responsible for, and shall be indemnified by each Prize Winner against any claims, injuries, losses or damages of any kind resulting from acceptance, use, misuse, possession, or loss of a prize. Prizes are awarded “as is” with no warranty or guarantee, either expressed or implied by the Sponsor.
Sponsor and Others shall not be liable to any Prize Winner or any other person for any part thereof, by reason of any acts of God; any action(s), regulation(s), order(s) or request(s) by any governmental or quasi-governmental entities (whether or not they prove to be valid); equipment failure; terrorist acts; earthquake; fire; flood; war; explosion; unusually severe weather; hurricane; embargo; labor dispute or strike (whether legal or illegal); labor or material shortage; transportation interruption of any kind; work slow-down; civil disturbance; insurrection; riot; or any other cause beyond Sponsor’s sole control. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release, defend, indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and Others from and against any injuries, death, losses, costs, expenses, damages, claims, judgments, causes of action and any liability of any kind in connection with, resulting from or arising from the Sweepstakes, participation in the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, acceptance, receipt, delivery, possession, use, misuse, inability to use, defect or nonuse or loss of the prize that may be awarded.
7. DISPUTES: THE SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY, AND WILL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH, THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF MINNESOTA, AND THE FORUM AND VENUE FOR ANY DISPUTE SHALL BE HENNEPIN COUNTY, MINNESOTA.
9. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By participating in the Sweepstakes and/or accepting a Prize, Entrant agrees to allow Sponsor and/or Sponsor's designee the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photos and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including, but not limited to, on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval, and without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law.
10. GENERAL: By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor or Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Entrants waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. In no event will more Prizes be awarded than are stated in these Official Rules. In the event that, due to technical, typographical, mechanical or other errors, there are more potential Prize Winners than are stated in these Official Rules, a random drawing among the claimants will be held to determine the Prize Winners. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any individual found, in its sole opinion, to be tampering with the operation of the Sweepstakes; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or with the intent to disrupt the normal operation of this Sweepstakes. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third-party or like methods to participate in the Sweepstakes will void any attempted participation effected by such methods and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION AND WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries and/or materials submitted become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. In the event of any conflict with any Sweepstakes details contained in these Official Rules and Sweepstakes details contained in Sweepstakes Materials (including but not limited to point of sale, television, and print advertising, promotional packaging, and other promotion media), the details of the Sweepstakes as set forth in these Official Rules shall prevail.
11. WINNERS LIST: For a list of Prize Winners, print your name and address on a 3"x 5" card and mail it in an envelope to: Winners List, Ree Drummond Cookbook Giveaway Sweepstakes, MarketingLab, Inc., P.O. Box 580979, Minneapolis, MN 55458-0979. Winners List requests will only be accepted after the promotion end date (listed above), and requests must be received no later than April 30, 2013. Customer service inquiries can be made at 1-866-658-8522
Sponsored by MarketingLab, Inc., P.O. Box 580979, Minneapolis, MN 55458-0979.
© 2013 MarketingLab, Inc. All rights reserved.
Land O’Lakes, Inc. is not the sponsor of this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded herein.