Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
30 min Prep Time
2 hrs Total Time
- 1/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 12 slices pineapple, well-drained
- 1 (10-ounce) jar maraschino cherries, stems removed
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup Land O Lakes® Butter softened
- 3 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup milk
How To Make
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt 1/3 cup butter in 9x13-inch ungreased baking pan in oven. Stir in 3/4 cup brown sugar. Spread mixture evenly in pan. Arrange 12 pineapple slices on top. Place cherry in center and between each pineapple slice, if desired.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in bowl; set aside.
- Combine 1 cup brown sugar and 2/3 cup butter in bowl; beat at medium speed, scraping bowl often, until creamy. Continue beating, adding eggs 1 at a time, until well mixed. Stir in vanilla. Gradually add flour mixture alternately with milk, beating at low speed and scraping bowl often after each addition.
- Gently spread batter over pineapple. Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Loosen sides of cake from pan by running knife around inside of pan. Invert cake onto serving platter; let stand 5 minutes. Remove pan. Cool completely.