One of the questions I often get from friends and family when they find out I work for Land O’Lakes is, “Do you have a great recipe for chocolate chip cookies?” I always default to the standard response of, “We have quite a few on our website- and they’re all great!” Which is definitely true. So, why is the Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie especially wonderful? We basically refined the classic chocolate chip cookie to make it ultimate. Here’s what makes this recipe different:
- Our new Super Premium European Style Butter. With an 82% milk fat content, these cookies are even richer and more buttery.
- Cake flour (low protein) and bread (high protein) flour. These flours combine to make a balanced cookie with a crisp outside and a chewy, tender inside.
- High-quality chocolate. It really does make a huge difference. I was able to find it in the baking aisle at my local grocery store.
- Chilling the dough to let it “age” overnight or even up to 2 days. This will allow the dough to hydrate, and make for a more tender cookie.
- A sprinkling of sea salt on top. Sweet + salty = perfection.
Start by making the cookie dough.
Now the important part – cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
When you’re ready to bake, remove the dough from the fridge, grab a baking sheet, and heat the oven to 350°F.
Form the dough into 1 ½-inch balls and place on the sheet.
Press down slightly to flatten – I used the bottom of a measuring cup.
Sprinkle with sea salt…
...and bake until golden brown.
Let cool on a cooling rack (if you can wait, that is), and watch everyone marvel at how ultimately delicious your chocolate chip cookies are.
If you decide to give these Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookies a try, snap a picture and share with us on Instagram (@landolakesktchn)!