Sunny Day Snowman Cookies
45 min Prep Time
1 hr 30 min Total Time
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 large Land O Lakes® Eggs
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces vanilla-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 24 marshmallows
- Decorator candies, as desired
How To Make
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Beat sugar, butter and brown sugar in bowl at medium speed until well mixed. Add eggs, cream of tartar and vanilla, beating until well mixed. Add flour, baking soda and salt; beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Shape dough into 24 balls. Place 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheet; remove to cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Melt candy coating according to package directions.
- Make 1 snowman at a time, spreading 1 tablespoon melted candy coating in center of cookie to resemble melting snow. Place marshmallow onto cookie for head. Decorate as desired, adding face, scarf, buttons, arms, etc., using candy coating to attach, if necessary. Repeat with remaining cookies and decorations. Reheat candy coating, if necessary.