Czechoslovakian Kolache Cookies
60 min Prep Time
1 hr 20 min Total Time
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm milk , 105°F to 115°F
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 large Land O Lakes® Egg, well beaten
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 to 3 teaspoons milk
How To Make
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Combine flour, butter, sugar and salt in bowl. Beat at low speed until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Dissolve yeast in warm milk in another bowl. Stir in 1 egg and vanilla. Add milk mixture to flour mixture. Beat at low speed until well mixed.
- Divide dough in half. Roll out dough on lightly floured surface, one-half at a time, to 1/8 to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut dough into 3-inch squares; top each with 1 teaspoon preserves. Bring up 2 opposite corners of each square to center; pinch tightly to seal.
- Place 2 inches apart onto greased cookie sheets; brush with beaten egg. Bake 10-14 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely.
- Combine powdered sugar, almond extract and enough milk for desired glazing consistency in bowl. Drizzle over cooled cookies..