5 Tips For The Perfect Apple Pie
It’s September, and fall is upon us. What screams “Fall” more than making your own apple pie? While an apple pie is fairly simple to make, we have put together 5 tips that will make your pie baking a success.SEE THE RECIPE
It’s September, and fall is upon us. What screams “Fall” more than making your own apple pie? While an apple pie is fairly simple to make, we have put together 5 tips that will make your pie baking a success.
1. The perfect pie starts with the perfect pie crust. Here are 10 secrets to achieve the best possible crust.
2. Picking the best type of apples. We recommend any combination of Granny Smith, Honeycrisp, Braeburn and/or Jonagold.
3. Filling the crust with enough filling. It might look like too much, but don’t be afraid to mound the apples sky high! They cook down quite a bit in the oven, so it’s better to have too much than not enough.
4. Using a pie shield to make sure the crust doesn’t get too dark. When the pie is in the oven for almost an hour, it can tend to get over-baked. You can make a pie shield at home with a simple piece of aluminum foil folded over.
5. And of course, serve with vanilla ice cream. Apple pie isn’t complete without it!
Armed with these tips, you’re now ready to make the perfect apple pie – our Blue Ribbon Apple Pie. When you make it, don’t forget to snap a picture and tag us (@landolakeskitchn) on Instagram. Happy baking!
Share Your Thoughts
Did you find this article helpful? Has it inspired you? What else would you like to know?