The ever popular "everything" bagel flavor in an easy-to-make, delicious crispy cracker.
When you see this badge, you know it will be good! These are the recipes that have passed our test.
You now are able to shop & buy these ingredients online! After you select your market, you decide if you want to have your items delivered or picked up today!
Learn How it Works...
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
3/4 teaspoon poppy seed
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon minced dried garlic
1/2 teaspoon freeze-dried chives
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, softened
1/2 cup buttermilk
3 tablespoons sesame seed
1 large Land O Lakes® Egg (white only), slightly beaten
1 teaspoon water
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
*Substitute 1 1/2 teaspoons vinegar or lemon juice and enough milk to equal 1/2 cup; let stand 5 minutes.
Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease three baking sheets; set aside.
Combine all spice mix ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
Combine whole wheat flour, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or fork just until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add buttermilk; stir just until flour is moistened. Stir in sesame seed.
Place dough onto lightly floured surface; knead 3-5 times or until smooth.
Divide dough into thirds. Roll out dough, one-third at a time, on lightly floured surface to 10 1/2x8-inch rectangle. Transfer to prepared baking sheet. Cut each dough into 3 1/2x2-inch rectangles, using fluted pastry cutter. (Do not separate.) Repeat with remaining dough.
Beat egg white and water in bowl with whisk. Brush top of dough, using pastry brush. Sprinkle one-third spice mix onto each dough. Prick each rectangle several times with fork.
Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely. Break along score marks.
Combine all spread ingredients in bowl; mix well. Serve at room temperature with crackers. Store refrigerated.
- If you don’t have a fluted pastry cutter, crackers can be cut with a pizza cutter or knife.
- It is very important to prick each dough rectangle several times before baking to ensure the crackers are flat and crisp.
- These everything crackers are the perfect accompaniment to a hearty soup.
- Different colors or browning and slightly different textures are common when making crackers. Roll at even thickness for most uniform results.
- For a more rustic look, do not pre-score crackers before baking, just cool them and then break them apart into pieces.
A collection of delicious appetizers that are the perfect start to any celebration.